Hello my name is Jenny Oliver your Family Support Advisor at Beechwood. I am here to support you in anything you may face or encounter as your child takes their journey through the academy. This is done in an impartial, non-judgemental way, allowing you and your family to get the most out of the educational system.
FSAs work in partnership for families’ and children’s wellbeing
Families come in all shapes and sizes. Being a parent is one of the most fulfilling things we’ll ever do: yet it is also one of the hardest and we can all do with a little help now and then.
I can offer you:
· A frontline face to answer everyday queries and concerns
· On site independent and impartial information on any issues or concerns you have
· Support in meetings both in school and with other agencies
· Help with any paperwork or forms you may have to do
· Signposting you to other services available
· Supporting you with transition periods
· Offering parenting and adult learning opportunities
· Discussing special educational needs
· Passing your views, praises and concerns to the school
· Developing activities and opportunities to meet with other parents in the school including weekly coffee drop-ins/ regular newsletters and holiday activity information.
· I also offer support for service families including a monthly family activity group and we are part of the city HMS Heroes.
· And lots more!
Feel free to contact me through the academy, my mobile or by email: - 706360/07729435376 email@example.com
Or come along to the Chill, Chat, Coffee sessions everyone is welcome!
The success of all our children depends to a large extent on the partnership between home and our academy. Every child needs our joint support in order for them to achieve their potential.
“The bond between a child and their parent is the most critical influence on a child’s life “