Equality at Beechwood Primary Academy
Our school aims to meet its obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We will ensure that all children are able to thrive through quality learning experiences, ensuring their readiness for the next stage in their learning.
To achieve our vision we will:
- Encourage all our children and staff to excel and collaborate with one another, to ensure the best outcomes and progress for all.
- Develop joyful learning communities that work together to improve standards and outcomes for our children, as part of a wider community.
- Ensure that we remain committed to the Discovery values: Inclusive, Excelling, Democratic and Collaborative.
We value the individuality of all our children and by focusing on an environment of inclusion we hope to create a culture in which the gifts and talents of all will be fostered and in which our most able children will feel supported and challenged. We believe diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated. We believe that all children should be equally valued in school. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe.